Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Kitchen

My husband and I are in the middle of remodeling our house. This was the kitchen before....I know, nasty huh? This was originally a bach pad to three guys. With a lot of hard work, time, and effort we are well on our way to making this house transform into a home. We still have to put hardwood floors in the kitchen and woodwork...but this is what we have done so far. I will post more before and after pics of other rooms in the near future.


This was the kitchen before...




And after....

The dining room was just as bad as the kitchen...excuse the Christmas decor. I haven't taken any pics recently.




This is a close up in effort to show the beadboard backsplash my hubby installed. I absolutely love it. I got the idea from Rate My Space on HGTV. It really added the cottage feel I was going for in the kitchen.


These are all the pics I have for now. Will post more after we are done with the hardwood. It's just a small starter home for us, we are newlyweds. I have so many ideas for this house though..it is so exciting for me :)

4 comments:

Janetta Gray said...

Your home is BEAUTIFUL!!! Mr. Shopaholic & I are also in a "fixer-upper" & the kitchen is next on the to-do list! I LOVE your color choices. After having such dark outdated cabinets for nearly 2 years, I can't wait to have new white ones!

I got your comment about the Uggs. I only have 2 pair, & I normally wear 9 1/2 or 10, & I got a 9. They felt a little snug the first few times I wore them, but they fit perfect now! I hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog just now and I just had to tell you the kitchen looks amazing. You guys did a good job! I did want to know what you used for your back splash. My husband and I are currently redoing our kitchen and I'm having problems choosing a back splash. Thanks so much. My blog is www.dustinandkasondra.blogspot.com

~h~ said...

Thank-you for stopping by my blog this morning. Loving your kitchen; the countertops with the white cabinets are beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your kitchen!! you did a great job re-doing it, the counters are amazing and of course I love the beadboard!! You rock girl!!