Monday, March 9, 2009

A few good deals!

This past Friday my hubby took the day off and we went shopping in the nearby town of Kalona, Iowa. Kalona is a historic little town where there is a fairly large Amish settlement. I looove our trips there, such a neat place! While walking around the downtown, I officially found one of my new favorite boutiques! It is called Cherry Blossom Boutique. You can find them online @ http://www.cherryblossominteriors.com/. I can't wait for my next trip. They have everything from vases, picture frames and furniture to flat wallets and purses. And so reasonably priced! Here are a few pics of some of my sweet deals :)


This is the vase I purchased from Cherry Blossom...Only $20...what a deal! Not quite sure what I'm going to do w/ it yet, but for now here it sits on a shelf..


Found these neat little glass numbers at a store called "Sisters" just outside of Kalona. I LOVE anything with letters and numbers...so these were a must have!



Found these next two neat little items at Hobby Lobby..1/2 off course!

Found this urn @ Wal-Mart---Plan on planting some grass in it soon!
Here is a picture of our dining room. It has sure come a long way since last Spring! We will be putting in the hardwood flooring in the next month or so...I can't wait to have it completely finished!!

11 comments:

Taryn said...

wow- looks good. I love that the sparkling water is a decoration. What a neat idea.

Lindsey said...

Love the decor!!

Sarah said...

wow! what awesome finds. I love little shops that hold treasures like that..

~h~ said...

We lived in the IA City area for eight years and I miss it often! Have you ever been to 'The Backyard Candle Company' in Washington, IA? If you like Sister's Garden you would love that shop, as well.

Katie said...

No...but Washington is only a half hour from where we are at, so I will have to check it out!!

Jeanne Oliver said...

That shop sounds great!

Sa-Sea said...

LOVE that urn! Must head to wal-mart this weekend.

Jessica said...

ok.. already love your blog. AND you're from IOWA!?!?! saw your comment on my blog & had to check your's out! i'm from Muscatine and my family now lives in Fairfield.. but I moved to FL last year. Love all of the cute little shops in Iowa ..such good treasures found there!! :0

Jessica said...

OH and I LOOOOOVE Kalona! Best place ever to ge sprinkles!

Mason said...

oooh--where did you get the topiaries?? :)

Love!!

Susan @ www.peanutpetunia.blogspot.com

Katie said...

topiaries are from Gordman's...only $14.99 I believe! I have them while I am waiting to order my "dream" ones from Ballard Designs! haha