Hi friends! Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! I worked the entire time, but am now looking foward to a 4 day weekend coming up! A couple weekends ago, hubby and I finally got started on our landscaping and curb appeal. We are pretty much starting with a blank canvas! We are doing it all ourselves to save money and plus, it's so much fun designing and planning everything yourself! We are really enjoying it!
In the near future I will begin working on a sign with our house numbers to hang above the mailbox..Here is my little pot of impatients. Check out the metal plant holder they are sitting in. I got it a few years ago at a craft sale during a event called "Old Threshers" that takes place here every year. It's a pretty big deal in this neck of the woods! Anyway, I got it from a dealer that sells nothing but this metal stuff-she's from Oklahoma and I hope she's here again this year! :)
Here is a shot of our front porch and heading around the corner. I plan on planting some hostas on each side of our steps. We have LOTS of shade in our yard so we are limited as to what works.
Everything is so small in these pics (and the tag is still on the boxwood..oops!) We've had things planted for about 2 weeks and they have already grown a ton! They should be beautiful next year!!
Front porch flowers...
Here is a shot of the side of our house. We just shingled and sided it last summer/fall. We are really in love with the color and how it turned out! We went with the James Hardie cement board siding-I would recommend it any day! I love the custom look of it! *Excuse the power cords and garden hose, hubby was washing the vehicles!
P.S. I painted the back and front door black...remember my post on this? Now I am seriously considering painting the garage doors black (we decided to keep the original garage doors and just freshen them up with paint) I like the wooden garage doors with the cement board siding better anyway. What do you think? Should we paint them white again or black to match the exterior doors? I'm leaning toward black.
Cory hard at work!
Corner view of our nest. It's finally starting to come together!
Now that we are done with the south side of the house..we still need to:-Paint garage doors
-Landscape front of house
-Landscape north side of house
-Plant hostas along back of garage
-Paint railing on front porch
-Clean up back patio and purchase furniture
Yes...we have lots to do and I am hoping to keep you updated with the progress! I really need to show you all some before pictures...we have come a loooooong way! The ol' bachelor pad is finally turning into the nest of my dreams..hehe :)
Thanks for reading if you made it all the way to the end! :)
-xoxo-
Katie

3 comments:
Katie, your house is SO adorable! Great job with the curb appeal! Good luck with the rest of your to-do list :)
~Kiri
I love your house, it looks like a darling little cottage, absoutely love the color you choose and i think the garage doors like great white, for some reason I think black will take away from the fresh appeal you are going for! but then again who am I! do you what you love! I want to see the inside of your home, I am thinking it is just as darling as the outside!!! yeah for hubbies who wash cars...uhm, mine doesn't! :)
Oh I adore your cottage...I want one! Everything looks perfect...all of your work has paid off!
Beautiful!
Cathy
Post a Comment