Friday, May 28, 2010

My new treasure~

Yesterday afternoon a good friend and I went to browse at our local antique mall. I have been obsessed with vintage scales for a long time and never had found the "perfect" scale-until yesterday! I had always been on the search for an off-white beauty, that is until I saw this shabby chic green scale with an offwhite top! It was love at first sight! So friends, meet the newest member of the fam.....
Mmmmm...look at the age on this beaut! Perfectly imperfect!
I still probably wouldn't mind having an off-white one someday! The search is on-that's half the fun! The lady at the antique mall said these scales are a common item and she sees them come in often!
Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! I will probably be back for a quick post tomorrow!
Love~
Katie

5 comments:

Silvia C said...

What a wonderful vintage scale! I love those kinds of objects. Great find! Have a wonderful weekend.

tara said...

gorgeous Katie!!! great find! happy long weekend my dear! xo

Kiri said...

How pretty! I adore vintage scales..and green..so this is perfect!! Enjoy your weekend :)
~Kiri

Jessica said...

Great find!! My mom actually found one for me at an antique place near Mt. Pleasant! :)

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Your vintage scale is darling! What a great find! Love the color!

Enjoy!
Cathy