Thursday, July 22, 2010

~A birthday party and update~

This past weekend a group of my nursing friends from work celebrated Marti's birthday (top right). To start things off, a few of us spent the day floating on the "lazy river" at the water park, which I highly recommend! Taking my husband back there next weekend!

Here is a pic of some of us at supper~
Me and the birthday girl!

Yes, my sweet husband tagged along to be "purse man" for the night. Isn't he the best?! :)

I was so excited about the dress I bought to wear for the evening. It started out at $50 and accidently got put on a sale rack for $19.99. The lady ended up just giving it to me for the sale price, since I did remind her it WAS on the sale rack! What a deal :)
We have been busy landscaping away still. We have the back patio cleaned up and landscaped...still need to mulch though. The front of the house is 75% done, still have to mulch there too. I hope to post some updated pics like I did of the landscaping a couple months ago. I decided to go with painting the garage doors black, so that will be a days worth of work in itself! Luckily, I have a four day weekend coming up next week! Can't believe it's already the end of July...I'm going to enjoy the rest of summer while I can!!

I have decided to throw my husband a surprise 30th birthday party. Do any of you have any ideas of what I should do? Should we do something at a restaurant, at home..should I make the food or just order it if we end up going to a restuarant?? I'm not quite sure which route to go? Any ideas would be appreciated!

Hope you all are having a great week~
K

1 comment:

Sarah said...

all such beautiful ladies! and for the big dirty thirty...I think a back yard party would be fun. tiki torches and lantrerns everywhere...summer FUN.