I know, I know, it's been waaaay too long! Little did I know that last time when I was blogging about shower curtains back in March, little baby Westphal was just beginning to form! I found out I was pregnant at just about 5 weeks...so I feel like I've been preggo awhile :) Although the summer made the pregnancy go super fast! My official due date is Nov. 30th and my hubby and I couldn't be more excited!
I debated for SO long what route I wanted to take with this nursery! I knew I wanted simple, a little shabby, and a little traditional. So... below is what I have come up with so far. I am excited to finally have a vision and a plan. I always thought I would know exactly how I wanted my nursery, but this was definitely a struggle for me!
So, here we go! I hope you can join me on this journey of putting the nursery together! I would love any ideas/pointers you can give me and just maybe I can inspire you too!
Oh..did I mention we're having a girl?!
One of the first things we did was paint the room back in August. We used a Benjamin Moore color called "Pink Cadillac" and I love it! It's shown in the pic below. It's a very soft pink in person.
This pic was taken with my phone, so the colors are not perfect, but you get the idea. We did stripes on one wall. This will be the wall the changing table/dresser in on. The stripes are 4 inches wide and are a color called "Shaker Beige" ...also a BM color.
I debated a VERY long time whether I wanted the Pottery Barn Kendall Crib or the vintage type Jenny Lind. I decided to go with the Pottery Barn crib. I like the traditional look of it, and just in case we ever have a baby boy, I thought this worked well with either gender!
Next is the bedding. I knew I wanted something super plain. Not a big fan of crazy prints or themes, so this ended up being the starting point of my nursery vision. It's the Pottery Barn Scallop Pique bedding in Pink. I really love it and just received it in the mail 2 days ago! I bought both white and pink sheets so I can change the look a little when I feel like it.
I decided I wanted to bring some green into the room to give it that Shabby Chic feel (more on that later)...and again after much debate went with the rug below...it even has a beige stripe in it that matches the stripes on the wall...l.o.v.e.!
I initially didn't want to spend a lot on window hardware, but just couldn't find anything I liked anywhere. So I ended up going with the pink hardware pictured below. I am IN LOVE with the knobs on the ends and I think they will grow with the room as she gets older.
Here is a picture of everything I have received so far. I am absolutely loving how it's going together. Notice the green frame? I ordered it from MySweetSavannah back at the beginning of the summer without a plan for it. It was a big part of my inspiration to bring the green into the nursery! I also made a sign last weekend that says "Always kiss me goodnight" and you can see a little of it below. I plan on hanging it above the closet.
I can't wait to share the progress with you along the way! Hoping to get the room completely cleared out, cleaned and start putting things in there this weekend. I will try to not be such a blog slacker and let you know how it goes!

5 comments:
Oh my goodness, Claire is going to want to hang out in Lillie's room!! I can't wait to see it in person...the paint in person is spectacular so I look forward to the finished product, it is so beautiful.
It looks like it's going to be beautiful! I'm getting ready to paint my nursery this weekend- we're doing a striped wall too. I love how yours turned out!
congratulations!!! i've been away from blogland and was excited to read your post. :) the room looks great and will come together beautifully, i'm sure.
how did you make the "always kiss me goodnight" sign? do you hand paint the letters? use stamps? i'm wanting to try some sign making for our house. :)
How adorable! The room is going to be amazing and congratulations on your new baby girl. They are the sweetest and of course the best to shop for ;)
Love the looks of everything so far! Can't wait to see final pictures!
Post a Comment