Monday, June 29, 2009

Botanical Grid & Magazine Basket

My mom was at an auction a while back at my cousin's house and there were a few egg baskets there....she thought they looked neat and quickly picked them up! I'm so glad she did! I decided for now to use mine as a magazine basket. I just took some burlap ribbon and weaved it through, tying a bow in the front to soften up the look a little bit. I can always use more space for the many magazines I receive almost daily and I thought this was a cute way to have them sitting out. Once again, another sweet idea I got from My Sweet Savannah! A couple months ago she put some printable vintage bontanical images up on her blog. I just copied them onto ivory/cream cardstock I had left over from our wedding fans and then found some simple $3 frames at Wal-Mart. I decided to do a grid of nine over the stairs leading down to our basement. I use to have a shelf in this space and it never did feel quite right. I am really loving this! I think it makes such a statement and adds some color to my neutral decor!
Hope your week started off great! I am going to enjoy my last week off before I start my new job on Monday! I am trying to squeeze in all my projects before then! I almost think I get more done when I am working than when I have all the time in the world!! There is just something about being in a routine, I kinda miss it! I will probably be singing a different tune in about 3 weeks! hehe!
P.S. If any of you would like any of the images I used in the grid on the wall, just let me know and I will post them! They are not copy-right, so you can feel free to copy and save them!

3 comments:

Lyryn said...

Just beautiful! LOVE IT! So creative! Good luck on Monday!!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Great basket!

Katie said...

Thank you, Lyryn! I'm nervous, but ready for the "real world"...I think..hehe