Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shabby Chic Decor

Lately I've really been into the Shabby Chic look. I don't have a ton of Shabby pieces in my home, but I hope to incorporate some here and there, a little girl's room would be the perfect space for this-maybe someday!
I love the appliques, the whites & creams, the ruffles, the roses, the pinks & greens, the chippy paint...
Have you checked out Target's "Simply Shabby Chic" line? I really love the white ruffly bedding and quilts they carry. I am thinking about getting a crystal based lamp for our bedroom from the line sometime soon..
You can never have too many pillows-I don't care what anyone says!
I am dreaming of a wrought iron bed with crystal knobs on the corners, white ruffly bedding with lots of fluffy pillows, splashes of pink here and there with some rose print in the fabrics. A few chunky white and pink picture frames. Possibly some stripes painted on one of the walls. Wood paneled ceilings painted white. I could go on and on.....
Hope your week is going great, it's hump day! Tomorrow is my weekend, hope to get lots accomplished around the house and hopefully have a nice supper ready for my hubby when he gets home from work. Plan to do a little thrifting on Thursday and then back to work for the weekend! I have some exciting news to share with you ladies sometime soon (well exciting to me anyway) and no, I'm not pregnant :) haha
xoxo
Katie

2 comments:

tara said...

Love all the shabby chic, I am trying to add a touch here in there in my cottage too! can't wait to hear your new and of course i thought a baby right away, hehe!! :)

the wild raspberry said...

love all your pics...