Thursday, March 4, 2010

Name Sign~

Well ladies, thanks to my hubby and this wonderful lady...I have finally tackled my first sign and I couldn't be happier with it!
For Valentine's Day my husband gave me this sign. It was 3 pieces of our leftover hardwood flooring he cut and glued together. He left the painting and distressing to me... He also gave me what every girl wants for Valentine's Day...a router!! I've been wanting one of those for quite some time! Woo hoo! So excited about that one!
Because I am just that cool I didn't post any pics of before or during this whole process...leave it to me! Maybe I would be more excited to snap some photos if I had a new camera! ;) I will tell you this. Putting the sign together was easy for this one, my hubby, Cory did that part. The painting was a cinch! The part that had me completed stumped was how the heck I was going to get the letters on there evenly and neatly without it taking me all year!
That is where Melaine came in! She walked me through what I needed to do to achieve the look of the saying on the sign. It was way easy and SO much less time consuming than the way I was going to do it! I don't even want to tell you how I was going to do it, I definately would have been working on it until Christmas! ha! I owe her for sure!
Here is a close up of the distressing.. I love how there are cracks where he glued the wood pieces together...I think it gives it even more of an aged look. I painted the sign Aged Mint by RL. I bought a bunch of the RL paint when it was 1/2 half being discontinued at Home Depot. I decided to do this sign in a cheery color to brighten up my entry way for Spring/Summer. I will switch this sign out with my fall and winter ones I use. It's actually a little darker than it appears in these pics.

Hopefully this is the first of many to come! Actually it is the first of many to come because the hubs has 6 signs piled up in the basement waiting for me to paint. He is on a roll. He ended up loving this wood working stuff, which is fine by me! :)

P.S. I started the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser on Monday. It totally kicked my butt. I couldn't even walk at work the next day! I do however love the workout and have done it everday so far! I'm going to try my hardest to do it every day for 30 days! Wish me luck! Day 5 tomorrow! I would definately recommend this workout if you are looking! I don't know what my results will be at this point, but I can tell you EVERY muscle in my body ached, so I'm pretty sure it's a good workout!

Hope you all have a great weekend! I wish I was heading to this instead of work!

xoxo
Katie

6 comments:

Holly said...

awesome sign!! Good luck with the workout...i have heard that 1 is really hard!

DustyLu said...

I love the sign and your vignette! You did an amazing job and great choice in color..!~lulu

Stephanie said...

Beautiful sign! I love the color.. Good luck with the workout! I know I need to get back to a workout routine soon, too!

-S

Unknown said...

Wow you did an incredible job! A router for VD day! Whoo hoo!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Love the color and it turned out great!!!!

Silvia C said...

Great sign! Love your blog!