Sunday, February 28, 2010

Inspiration Pic~

I heart this entryway...a lot. In my dream house, our entry will look something like this. The house we currently call home was just sided last fall with cement board siding about the same color of the siding in this photo. I have been contemplating whether to paint the front door black or not. Some say yes, some say no. More say no than yes.
After much thought and finding this pic, I'm going with my gut and painting the door black as soon as it warms up a bit! I love the look of it with the chunky white trim (which our current home also has) I think it is going to look great! I plan on painting all our exterior doors black, along with our garage doors~I will post pics when it's all done (which may be awhile!) ;)

6 comments:

Holly said...

I love the look of a painted door. We painted our front door at our old house and loved it:)

Aura said...

That is SO pretty. I love that door.

DustyLu said...

Yes! Yes paint it black that is my most favorite color for door. Classic! ~lulu

Jeanne Oliver said...

That is one gorgeous porch. Those are the colors I want to repaint our home at some point but with a robin's egg blue door.

Deb said...

Love painted doors! I'd like to paint our front door too but I can't decide on a color yet!

Stephanie said...

We're painting our front door black this Spring, too! I love the "Welcome Santa" display on this photo..

-S