I've been thinking for awhile now that I wanted to make a garland to hang from my railing in the dining room. Now that things have slowed down a bit, I actually had time to make an easy (but super cute) decoration for the railing!
I started off by using a foam brush to spread mod podge onto clothes pins. I then sprinkled the pins with silver Martha Stewart glitter from Michaels. German glass glitter would also work great. -----------------------------------------
Next I googled things like "vintage halloween images", "skeletons", "bones" and "vintage halloween postcards". I did this until I had a nice combination of images. I also got onto Microsoft Word and made some of my own vintage flashcards with words like "Witch", "Ghost", and "October".
------------------------------------------
Another fun thing to do is to print vintage sheet music off and then print another image over it. Super neat look. JF Ringmasters font is a really fun font for things like this. If you just Google it, you should be able to download it to your computer. It is one of my favorite fonts, I highly recommend it!
-------------------------------------------
After you have the images you want, just clip the images onto a long piece of jute twine any way you want them. I think it is so cute and fun....and most importantly EASY!
After you have the images you want, just clip the images onto a long piece of jute twine any way you want them. I think it is so cute and fun....and most importantly EASY!
It would be super cute to use the jute twine and glitter clothes pins to hang Christmas cards or images from also! You could really use it anytime of the year!
--------------------------------------------
Hope you are having a wonderful week! Is it Friday yet?!?
hugs~
Katie
Katie
P.S. You have to try Melaine's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. They are delish!! I think I will be making these very often this fall & winter!

1 comment:
How cute! I love this! It would work great for Christmas cards also!
Post a Comment