Thursday, April 29, 2010

Peaceful pics & an update...

Hello everyone! Happy Thursday! I cannot believe it is almost the weekend again already! There are just not enough hours in the day! Some of you wanted me to let you know how the open house went..it went well! The biggest bummer was it rained for like three days straight over the weekend and it was just kind of icky out. I was planning on being set up outside, not in my garage...oh well. There is always next time!
There is no rhyme or reason for the following pics. Just photos I found at countryliving.com that scream "ME" :) I am finding more and more that I am drawn to the laid back country style, not too stuffy, a little chippy, and always somewhat traditional. The kind of settings in these pics are what I day dream about while I am out taking a walk or when I have a break at work.
Do these photos put your mind at ease like they do to me?



I am really in to fresh cut flowers this year more than ever. I have always loved flowers, ever since I was a little girl. I remember I use to pick my grandma big bouquets of dandelions to put in a vase on her windowsill..:) And I always remember being obsessed with the peonies in her backyard, I still have a love affair with them.


I am so ready for the dog days of summer and I can't wait to get started on our landscaping next weekend. I am thinking about doing a picnic table for our backporch for now. We don't really want to invest in a bunch of lawn furniture since we won't be in this house forever. Plus, I think it would look really laid back and country to just do a picnic table with chairs on one side and a bench on the other! If I get to that point this summer, I will fill ya in and hopefully take some pics-but we all know how awesome I am at taking pics...I always forget! Trust me, once I get a rockin' camera that takes better pics, I will do better.

I wanted to tell you all my new excitement. After much debate..I have decided to open an Etsy shop. I am going to start out selling the square picture frames I make and go from there. I will let you know when I have it up and running. First I have a few orders for signs I need to get done and then I will get busy making frames!

Hope you all have a great day and thank you for stopping by and reading by lil ole' blog...It means a lot :)


Katie

3 comments:

Sarah said...

ahhh so summer :) I love your tastes.

Melanie Beth said...

beautiful pictures, good luck with the etsy shop!

tara said...

good for you Katie!! good luck with your shoppe, and I am so ready for summer!!