Sunday, April 11, 2010

Where I come from....

lotta front porch sittin'....
Any country fans out there?? If so, those lyrics should sound familiar! Today my husband, dad and I worked out in our yard and finally painted our exterior doors black. Which I might add looks amazing! I will post pics soon hopefully! The front door is still in the garage drying, so it's not hung yet. Anyhoo..working outside today got me thinking about our landscaping and back patio area. I looooove to landscape and our house is finally ready for the part of the process this Spring/Summer! I am getting pretty excited about it and have been daydreaming with different ideas of how I want the space to look.
Here I have posted some inspiration pics to get myself in the mood. Some of these pictures just get me in the mood for a nap. Ahhhh. Can you imagine a warm breeze, chilling in one of those hammocks. Now that sounds just dreamy.
I love the white table in this pic and the sheers don't hurt either :)
Can't you just picture yourself in that hammock?
Just look at that view. I am loving the all white porch with the distressed red bench.
This has been one of my favorite porch pics for a long time...great inspiration.
Aww, the perfect little country porch. All I would need with this porch is a cold glass of lemonade and a good book~it's the simple things.
I love this porch swing, just think about the warm summer nights having a sweet conversation with your one and only while watchin' the fireflies dance in the yard. Sounds like the perfect country evening to me.
Love the pillars along this porch.

all images from countryliving.com

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I was pretty excited about tonight because my FAVorite show started up again this evening~Army Wives, and it was as good as ever! I am still busy gearing up for my Spring Open House. I have SO much to do and less than 2 weeks to do it in. Starting tomorrow I've gotta get crackin'

xoxo

Katie

1 comment:

Ashley Schott said...

I love country music, I love porches (especially porch swings) and I'm obsessed with that red bench!! I just found your blog and I'm loving it:) It seems that we have quite a few things in common, which is always nice to find!