The warm, sunny days, crisp cool nights with the windows cracked open, football, and the little ones back in school have me thinking FALL! What better time to start getting out my Halloween and Fall decorations than right now! I would usually have everything up by now, but being down and out with my back has put me a little behind this year. I hope to feel good enough this weekend to slowly start putting my decorations out.
------------------------------------
My fall decorating style leans more toward the way of crows, white pumpkins, skulls, bats, spiders, and a little glitter and black feathers. I know this isn't for everyone, but it fits my home and it's what I love.
------------------------------------
That is why I was so excited to find the latest Halloween issue of Better Homes and Gardens, it is a great magazine. It is full of ideas and inspiration for parties, costumes, decor, treats, and more! A must-read I have to say :)
I was introduced to this lady through this BH&G issue. Visit her blog here for tons more decorating inspiration!
While my mom was flipping through the pages of the magazine last night she informed me she has a chair EXACTLY like this in her basement! I bet you know that she is going to be bringing upstairs any day now! I think we will get some foam cushions and some raggedy flour sack bags to cover it with to duplicate the look in our own way.Last night I also made some crow pillows inspired by the crow on the back of this chair. They turned out super cute. I just used a white linen pillow cases and an iron on transfer of a vintage looking crow. I love it and it was so simple.
Some more inspiration from the magazine...I'm telling you this is just a small portion of what you have to look foward to! Every page is full of inspiration!
My husband stopped at Lowes tonight on his way home from work and bought me the wood so I can make my own DEAD & Breakfast Sign. I am SO excited. The magazine even comes with the blue prints for those of us who aren't so crafty! Luckily, my husband is really good in this department and I am good in the painting department..soooo we make a pretty good team at times. ha! I think I will replace my summer wreath on the front porch with this.
Oh yeah..I also have a winner for that dish towel giveaway. Did you think I forgot?Well the lucky lady is Lolo from The Adventures of Stig and Lolo
Congrats! Get me your email ASAP so you can let me know which towels you want and I can get them in the mail to you!
Also, remember if any of you are interested in purchasing a dish towel, you can do so at any time, I have a ton of them made up and can post them in my Etsy shop for you to purchase. Just message me with the towel/towels you might want and we will make it happen!
Have a lovely weekend, everyone!!
~xo~

1 comment:
Hi Katie! I just got home from our trip and was so excited to see your message:)I am definitely a luck lady!! Woohoo :D
Post a Comment