Hey..it's me again! I am having some trouble making a decision. As I mentioned in my last post I have been seriously considering repainting my house (this would include the living room, dining room, kitchen, hallways, and entry). I just can't completely decide if it's the right thing to do. I know it's just paint, but I don't have a ton of extra time to repaint it again if I don't like it...so I want to make sure this is what I want to do the first time around.. :)
In the pic below with me in front of the Christmas tree it shows a pretty true photo of our wall color currently. Sorry about the random photos...I just quick picked a couple from my desk top, wasn't in the mood to do a photo shoot tonight! And I am super sorry I am in this photo (not a good pic!) but I thought you could see the flooring in this one and how it looks with the wall color..
This pic is also pretty accurate in the way it actually looks.....I like how it goes with our carpets and counters, but the color I'm looking at repainting does too...
photo courtesy My Sweet SavannahSo I have the paint....now if I should stick with my current color or switch it up. The 'oatmeal' seems so much more neutral to me. Not that my color isn't neutral, but it's just a darker neutral. I keep going back and forth and it's driving me nuts. Some people say to go for it and some say it looks perfect the way it is! I really love both colors, that's why I'm so confused. My house really looks fine the way it is, but you know, it's always fun to have something new and different. I think it would really change the look of things!
I would love to hear YOUR opinion! Leave it or go for it...what should I do?
Love-
Katie

6 comments:
Go for it!
As you know, I am struggling with the same decision. In your case, I say " Go for it." I wish it were as easy to say it for myself!:-)
It will be beautiful, no matter what you decide!
xo,
Melanie
ok wait, what if, and now I don't know if this will work, but what if you do a couple walls this color and leave the color you have on a couple walls, ya know mix it up...or if it matches the color you already have, what about doing beadboard along the bottom of the walls and painting it with the oatmeal, oh boy that would be a lot of work...just giving you ideas in case you are not totally sure you want the whole house that color!! let us know what you decide!!
Hmmm...so what if you broke it up and painted some walls in the with the oatmeal color -- since it pops against all your decor. And then what if you put up some tall white beadboard wainscoating and left maybe a room or an accent wall in the dark tan that you have? The oatmeal will look amazing with the floor.
I just noticed tara's comment said the same thing about the wainscoating....maybe you should look at doing that! :)
If you have a lot of rustic wood in your decor, the white contrast looks AMAZING with it. Farmhouse-y and country for sure. You can't go wrong, but I would definitely break up that dark tan with some oatmeal :)
I can't wait to see how it turns out!
i just read your other comments and side with Tara... mixing it up to be a little of both. Even if you can't to beadboard what about a trim.
xo,
LuLu
I love what you have now, but I'm obsessing with those light oatmeals & greys these days :)
Post a Comment