Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Look what I started~

Well...I started painting a little bit tonight..just to see what it would look like and to give me a better idea if this was the direction I wanted to be going. And........................

it is!!!!!!

I am really happy with this paint color, it just adds a little freshness to this room. Yes, it is VERY close to the old paint color in the dining room, but I like the shade/tone of the new color better. You can see in the pic below where I have painted the new color, whatcha think? Please don't tell me you hate it! haha
I decided to start in the dining room/kitchen and then go from there. Maybe I will stop here, and maybe I will eventually paint the living room too.....we shall see.
You can see the color on either side of the pantry door in this pic and also to the right of the doorway into the living room. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the change is more noticeable in person.

What do you think of these two colors together? The darker of the two is what I currently have in the living room and the lighter is the oatmeal. The old color in the dining room blended nicely as you can see in the first picture, but I think the winter wheat and oatmeal do also.

Here is the color on either side of the pantry door....I like how it contrasts with the black.

I might not be able to get back to the rest until my day off on Friday, but I will be sure to post pictures when I do! I'm pretty excited about how it is turning out. Now I just need to decide about the living room! Do you like the contrast or would you paint the living room the oatmeal color also?
~Katie

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i LOVE it! i can totally see the difference and i'm serious... it looks fantastic!

love your black dors too by the way. i've been tempted to try that. :)

keep going with the oatmeal color! it looks great!