Thursday, August 26, 2010

Party Planning

I have been stumped over what to do for my hubby's 30th birthday. I knew I wanted to do something since you only turn 30 once, but just wasn't quite sure what direction I wanted to go. At first I was planning a big surprise birthday bash at a local restaurant. Then I saw Jess' 30th party for her husband over at The Mac's with the theme of a back yard bar-b-que and I was hooked! I love the simplicity of it, yet it's so fun! Here is my invite-my first part of the planning...it is inspired by the one Jess made. I downloaded the free scrapbook paper here and then just added text boxes on Picnik. It turned out awesome (I think!) and best of all...it was FREE!
I plan on updating my blog along the way with what I am up to with the party planning. I am so excited...I love planning parties! I also decided to take the surprise part out for the sake of making it simpler. This way I don't have to try to hide things. I'm so glad to have the invitation done, as I believe an invitation sets the mood for a party since it's the first things your guests will see! I love that I finally have a vision for it and it is so US! :) Thanks for the inspiration, Jess!!!
Happy Thursday!
Katie

No comments: