I have been keeping my eye out for a new TV stand for awhile now....I don't mind the one we have currently, but have been going for a more whiter and brighter look in my living room. I happened to be checking out a few of my favorite blogs the other day when I stopped by The Nest's blog. It's a quaint little shop not too far from where I live and she had just posted a pic of this dresser....
Immediately I thought TV stand!!! I love the handles and patina of the piece. She dated it to 1908 and it's a good solid piece of furniture from what I can tell! What do you think...good or bad idea?? We have a large flat screen and I don't want it mounted on the wall at this point for ease of not having to hide cords, etc. Our idea is to remove the top drawer and have hubby cut a thin piece of wood to set in the top to house our dvd player and satellite box. The bottom two drawers are huge and could store lots of dvds and even some extra decorations that I switch in and out of the living room.
Pottery Barn has a TV stand that I just love, but I don't love the $700 price tag..... However, I do think the one I am looking at does resemble this in a way.
Would love to hear your thoughts on my TV stand situation...
Love,
Katie
Pottery Barn has a TV stand that I just love, but I don't love the $700 price tag..... However, I do think the one I am looking at does resemble this in a way.
Would love to hear your thoughts on my TV stand situation...Love,
Katie

8 comments:
Love love love the one from The Nest! Not that the PB one isn't nice...it is...but the one from The Nest just has so much character to it. You could probably be assured no one else would have a TV stand like yours whereas the PB piece is probably in a gajillion houses across the US.
I agree with Kristen! It is definitely a more unique choice and I love the patina and the handles. I think it would make a gorgeous tv stand!
Just plain LOVE your idea...I am in the same situation and so I wanted to tell you thanks for sharing as this is just the idea I needed
Oh girl, go scoop up the one from The Nest before it is GONE! It is fantastic! I like the one from Pottery Barn, but the first one has such character and it is made of actual wood.
Love. it.
~mary~
i found an old buffet on craigslist that i painted and is what we use for our "media center". i LOVE the look of something less expected than the traditional entertainment center/stand. go for it! that dresser is a beautiful unique piece.
Definitely go with the one from the Nest! It has tons of character and is just gorgeous! I like it way more than the PB one! Be sure to post pics if you end up with it!
~Kiri
I say go for the oldler dresser not only does it look great but it has lots of character and history as well. Could you put a hinge on the first drawer so that it will flip down and when you wanted to hide the dvd player you could? Just a thought and If I find an old dresser I may just copy your idea
Post a Comment