Last year about this time, one of my good friends brought some left-over corn and noodle casserole in her lunch. It is a recipe that her mom always makes for family dinners around Thanksgiving and Christmastime. She had me try it and it was sooooo good! I just made it for supper last night and remembered how much I love it! It's super simple, not so friendly to the hips, but incredibly yummy! I thought I would share the recipe with you. For some reason I had never had it or heard of it before. Here it is, you'll have to let me know if you ever try it or already have it in your recipe collection! :)
Ingredients
1 pkg extra wide egg noodles
2 cans creamed corn
Velveeta cheese
brown sugar
Directions
1. Cook the noodles and season with butter and garlic salt. Pour into 9x13 casserole dish.
2. Top noodles with slices of velveeta cheese.
3. Pour 2 cans creamed corn over velveeta cheese.
4. Sprinkle with brown sugar. (Use plenty of brown sugar...the sweet taste adds so much to the dish!)
Cover with foil and bake @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
How simple is that!? It is especially easy for potluck dinners because you can make it ahead of time, refrigerate it, and then just sprinkle the brown sugar and bake right before you go! That is what I did for Thanksgiving dinner last year and it was a huge hit!
~Katie

4 comments:
Yum!!! I love casserole! Thanks for sharing!=)
Oh my, that sounds yummy! I think my boys might even eat that, and believe me, that's sayin something!
Oh, and we were at the wild wings by coral ridge.:( That would have been cool if we would have met up tho!
My nieces and nephews love it, Tricia...and yes...that is saying a lot!
Yummy:) sounds so easy and quick! gotta love that;)
Post a Comment