Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hmmm...what to do..

This bedroom really makes me want to take a nap on this gloomy Iowa day.

Speaking of bedrooms...I have been thinking a lot lately about switching mine up. Yes~already. I just painted it a couple years ago. It is a color called "Pine Needle" by the Eddie Bauer collection. I really love it, but sometimes I want to go with a more neutral color and make the bedroom primarily in whites/browns/blacks/beiges. My bedding is a velvet duvet in ivory from Pottery Barn. I don't like the decor in our bedroom at all~it just needs an overhaul. I think new window treatments would help a ton. I would love to get ivory silk curtains to match my ivory bedding.

{The walls in the above photo are "Pine Needle"~photo courtesy of Valspar}

I once heard on Oprah that our bedrooms are our most neglected rooms because nobody sees them except us, and we put all our effort into the rest of the house. However, we spend a majority of our time in our bedrooms and they should be our santuary~calm, relaxing, dreamy. I fall into this trend and have seemed to neglect the bedroom. Sure~it could be worse. But I want a room that when I walk into it takes me to another place.

I would love to see what you all have done with your bedrooms. Do you have pics? Do you have any ideas for me~or a direction I should take with changing it up a bit for cheap? I know I do love my duvet and so that is what I am basing the rest of the room upon. Should I stick with the "Pine Needle" walls or go with a neutral shade? I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions!

~Katie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your visit Katie...your place looks so cute and Hallowee-ish! I like that bedding too..change feels good, I bought a new blanket today, can't wait to climb in under it tonight! Take care :D

Backyard Candle Co. said...

I think stick with pine needles. Neutral can be soooo boring.

~h~ said...

I'm a big fan of neutral with black and white accents. In my twenties, everything had to be loud and bold and vibrant but not so much anymore. I chalk it up to being ok with who I am now. That being said, we've lived in our current home for three years now and I haven't even painted our bedroom. It's a light light beige and so neutral that it's so easy. That, and I can't spring for new everything all of the time! But I do like that pine needle paint. But I also like how easily paint can transform a room as look as you stay with neutral accents and linens and pillows. Hope you enjoyed your weekend. ~heather

Shannon said...

I love changing our bedding too. I do all white in the summer, pale blue and white in the spring and brown in white in the fall and winter. :)

Sarah said...

I am in the same boat as you my dear. My bedroom is sadly the ugliest in our house. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first photo. I wanna curl up under the covers of that bed too.

Natalie Meester said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

My boutique is at the Calico Hen House Antique & Gift Mall in Cedar Falls/Waterloo, Iowa.