I have been pondering the idea lately of having a little Christmas Open House @ my home. Having some Christmas goodies to munch on and selling some of the things I make. I have been making some towels and banners lately and I really find it as my little outlet. Crafting and creating have become my hobby and I would love to share some of the things I make with others and make them happy.
I have several ideas running through my head about some items I could make. I'm not sure if I should go for it or not. I don't want to put a ton of time and energy into it and then have nobody come. So I guess for the next 2-3 weeks I will see what I get done. If I get a bunch of stuff done and see who would be interested in coming I might do it. We shall see. I will let you know what I decide to do! What do you all think? Would it be worth it??
~Katie

5 comments:
I think it would be great. I do get what you are saying tho about going to all of that work if nobody comes. I think if you advertise, and send out postcards or something, people would come. I will! I say take a leap of faith and go for it!
I think you would do wonderful at that! DO IT!!! You will not regret it. Like T said Leap of Faith!
So fun! Holiday parties are always the best! We are having an ugly christmas sweater party this year... so excited! I just decided to go into business designing wedding/party invites, so I couldn't help but want to throw a party so I could send some out! :)
I don't think I'd be comfortable having people I don't know in my home, but it sounds fun nonetheless! Your "Spooky" banner IS rather cute though and I've received a lot of compliments on it so I think it would certainly fair well. Did you find de-cals locally?
I think it's a great idea! Not sure what kind of neighborhood you live in, but I'm in a subdivision and we're talking about having a "progressive dinner" for the holidays, and if you guys do something like that, you could feature your items at your house. A little Christmas mixer would be cool, too. Let me know if you decide to do it, and take lots of photos!
Post a Comment